Sunday, November 6, 2016

Shake, Shake, Shake It

So I made a shaker card the other day since I am an uber awesome shaker card making kind of person. Oh wait, no I'm not. I seem to encounter every type of problem available when I attempt to make one. My most common problem is that all my shaker card material sticks the edges of the foam tape and stops shaking. I have that with this card along with scarecrow failure (the original stamped one did work out so I substituted this dimension sticker one). I also couldn't find the original batch of shaker material I planned to use. It is what it is. Now I can say I made a shaker card this year.

The Fine Print: Harvest Hello from Stampin' Up, leaf die by Impression Obsession, scarecrow sticker by Recollections. Shake your groove thing!

10 comments:

Greta said...

This is just darling, Judy--love all the elements & hopefully it will keep shaking!

MaryH said...

You're ahead of me, as I've never attempted a shaker card, and have that Fuse Tool gathering dust too. I love your scarecrow card, whether he shakes or not, and the negative cut-out border looks grand over that fall colored plaid background. This is A+ whether the guy shakes or no! TFS & Hugs.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Your shaker card is adorable, Judy! I think your little scarecrow is sweet! I have trouble with shakers too but I love making them so I keep going! If you have a powder tool or anti-static bag, apply it to the inside of the window and that's supposed to prevent the shaker bits from sticking - it works when I remember to do it! Another problem I have is forgetting the acetate - the shaker bits do not stay inside without the acetate, just sayin'. I can't tell you how many times I've made the same mistake.

cotnob said...

A super card Judy, such a fun scarecrow.
Pauline
x

Fikreta said...

love your shaker card!
its si cute!
hugs

Bonnie said...

At least it doesn't have glitter oozing out from the seams! And I love the scarecrow!

Janeen said...

Ha ha...i live the comments. Glad to know you and i arent the only ones who find this technique to be challenging. I tried again yesterday and yep,i put the top panel on upside down. This is adorble though with the plaid paper.

Janeen said...

Ha ha...i love the comments. Glad to know you and i arent the only ones who find this technique to be challenging. I tried again yesterday and yep,i put the top panel on upside down. This is adorble though with the plaid paper.

Craftychris said...

What a gorgeous shaker! Love the cut out leaves for the shaker element and the scarecrow is so cute! I don't often make shaker cards as I get all sorts of problems too! xxx

Barb said...

He's the cutest little scarecrow and I love the sentiment banner. A lovely shaker element. Barbxx