Thursday, October 22, 2015

Diorama

This card is the reason I took the whole fancy schmancy card making class. This was actually a card class of its own so really I took two classes last Friday.
They called it an envelope card. The middle that is popped out toward you will fold back in so that portion of the card shuts. That smaller piece on the left is like a flap that goes over the shut card. It is a very neat design and was not as tricky as you might think.*

I didn't take a picture of it shut tight as we didn't decorate the outside of the flap or card in anyway but you certain could. We made a plain white version that isn't put together so we can keep that as a template. I don't know how many more of these you can expect from me, but this one was fun!

* No, wait! It was terribly difficult and there is no way I'm teaching you how to do it.  I learned my lesson over that with that card in a box!

The Fine Print: Paper by Graphic 45, fancy scrollwork by one of those electronic machines, fence punch by Martha, and spiderweb punch by either Martha or EK.

10 comments:

Sarn said...

Fan-flipping-tastic! xxx

Fikreta said...

great!

Carol L said...

To visualize a plain white card and open it to find this explosion of color and design - wow! It must be quite a fun card to receive! I love the hanging skeleton! Our local tavern up the road has one of those life-size skeletons laying on the roof of the porch, with one of it's arms dangling down!! I love it!! Halloween is fun!

Sandy said...

Wow. Seriously cool card.

Leslie Hanna said...

That is one cool card!

thecraftycavalier said...

This is all round fabulous. I LOVE these papers and the card design is really terrific. Really, you're not going to teach us how to make it? Even if we say please? Oooohhhh. Well, it's fab and I'm very impressed. Jayne x

AJ Bodine said...

It is pretty darned amazing, but looks quite difficult. I would save that one, just in case you never make another :) I think I would need a class for something like that.

Greta said...

Wow--I'm in awe! Must have been quite a class!

Bonnie said...

Wow! Sure you don't wanna show us how?

chrissy xx said...

Yikes! This is one scary scene..
Shows these potions are really not good for you.
Chrissyxx