Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Happy New Year!

Remember when I wrote this post about Adulting? Yeah, that's all. Just remember it.

Today is the first day of the new fiscal year! It's quite exciting to celebrate a new year filled with new beginnings and new possibilities and less budget! Anyway, I'm quite sure it is being heralding in by my coworkers complete with party streamers, noise makers, faux champagne, and cake (and chips and salsa because most of them are Mexican and you can't do anything without chips and salsa).

However, me; I'm dealing with this kind of shit:
The Fine Print: Think of me while you are reading this scheduled post and know that I'm begrudgingly being an adulty adult this week. Y'all better be enjoying that new year.

7 comments:

Sarn said...

Nope . . . sorry . . . I am happy playing with my inner child. No adulty adulting for me . . . er, LIKE EVAH! So ner!

Happy adulty adulting to you (if that's not a contradiction in terms!).

Behave yourself!

At least I know where to come to when I need an adulty adult! LOL!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Carol L said...

Have a happy fiscal new year while you're adultering this week :) Er....uh......make that "adulting!" Made ya smile :)

Stacy Sheldon said...

*snort* my grown son posted the same exact thing maybe two weeks ago... so, I am laughing out loud at you once again. :) hope you have more free time soon Judy.

Krisha said...

Sorry! I can adult anymore this week, I used it all up Monday and Tuesday with the granddaughters.
But feel free to adult without me.......LOL

Leslie Hanna said...

Happy fiscal new year! You now get to do more with less, just like last year.

As for an older adult, once you realize it's you, you are EMPOWERED to make decisions. Yes, you are!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMg that is so funny and OMG you are so right! lol. BTW, you absolutely cannot have a party without chips and salsa! lol.

Words and Pictures said...

I hope you've been enjoying being a non-adult staying with your mom - presumably a slightly adultier adult than you? Though I hope not too much. Personally, I think behaving as a grown-up is over-rated... better a childlike joy in existence!
Alison xx