Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Workdesk Wed - Number Tree Sero Fi'

I've actually done a little bit of poking, prodding, and playing around my desk lately. It is still far too tidy for the likes of most of you, but it is what it is. It was too chilly this morning for a shot with the open door like last week.
Oddly enough that open door shot made many of you notice the rack behind the door for the first time. It has been there since we moved in and shows up in many WOYWW photos. It was difficult work getting it secured to the cinderblock wall and in fact, we joke that it is now part of the wall forever.
As you can see, Charles wanted to be included. Different things have been on this shelf over the years--large stamps, all birthday stamps, and punches.  It ha been punches for a long time now as that is the best place for them (it's a bitch to dust though).
Here are the latest things on my desk.  Upper left are some manly birthday cards I made last weekend.  Below that is a print out of a punch art cat I want to try. Next to that are two scraps-a pink and black piece of designer paper and a pink punch art flower-they accidentally ended up on top of each other making me realize that they need to go together on a card.  There are the makings of a sympathy card, some random greeting card toppers I found on my desk, a snippet of die cut grass, and a large piece of folded and scored designer paper (I have no idea what that was originally going to be).  My Sarntangles are there as I just rediscovered them (that's why you tidy your desk).  The Stampin' Up stamps from last week are still lurking around to be used as well.

That's my desk and if you want to see other desks and projects as well check out What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday blog hop hosted by Julia at Stamping Ground.

The Fine Print: My first photo of the punch rack was an extreme close up of Charles' face. When I say he wanted to be included I wasn't joking. And no mocking me for dusting. I'm very allergic to dust, besides it is gritty and unsightly (you know this is the desert, right?). Edit to add the original photo bomb photo:

21 comments:

Lisca said...

On the first photo we also get a shot of Charles' backside and tail. Lol! But I spied a lovely 'little chicks' stamp. I like!
Yes those pink elements go very well together. Please show us the finished item when you're done.
Have a good week,
Lisca#19

Bad Kitty said...

like your pitures and your kitty

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Lolol!! Go Charles!! That's the best cat photobomb I've seen for a while...snigger. That cat has class!!
Isn't that rack fantastic..I love the way you've organised it. So pleasing to look at, and use, I should imagine. I bet you know where everything is...I can't bear wasting time searching for stuff!
Hugs, The dragon Lady....ok. LLJ :-)
Xxxx

Annie said...

A cat on every pic eh? :-) Love it. Your rack makes the perfect storage system.
Thanks for dropping by earlier.
Have a great week.
Hugs,
Annie x #17

Bernice said...

Wow - a great storage rack - maybe I need one like that to free up some space on my desk! A great photo bomb by Charles! Our cat has been killing the little robins recently so we bought her a collar with a bell - she is not happy!

Mrs A. said...

No cat on the rack then or is it too slim for nimble paws. That's rather a lot of punches you have there. Can I come and have a play !! Hugs Mrs A.

Bonnie said...

Love your shelf unit! I can see it would be very hard to dust. Maybe you could train Charlie to dust.

KT Fit Kitty said...

I always enjoy when the kitties sneak into the photos! Very photogenic they are! You have an amazing punch collection in your stash!

Leslie Hanna said...

Nice Rack! I love saying that.

Dust? It's for amateurs. I'd try to rig a door for that thing so you can minimize the dust and not even think about it. Or just don't think about it and save yourself the trouble.

In other news, I love all the possibilities you have staged on your desk, even if it is freakishly clean.

Carol L said...

Charles is a star! LOL @ Leslie's "nice rack" comment above! :) I'd love to have something like that to store my punches on!

April said...

Love Charles peeking up into the picture. Such a cutie.
April #62

Eliza said...

What rack I can only see Charles, he is one really handsome man, give him a pat and tickle from me. Thanks for sharing Charles.

Happy WOYWW
Hugs Eliza & Yoda 5

LesleyG said...

Thanks for sharing! Love your rack, shame about the dust......Charlie looks cute, we have had Merlin visiting, he goes home today :(.........love the bits on your desk, and your story behind it all! xxx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

ah, Judy love the punch rack too (and cute kitty) my favourite piece of storage is a cd tower which holds my ink pads and some stamps too, it is tall heavy wood ( freebie one from neighbour) and also a pain to attach so it didn't fall like it nearly did on my head once...
Mm really would like a shelf system like that.. but no room :D I also love chick wooden stamp on your desk .. all in a row very cute
.
Thanks so much for popping over to my blog with your encouragement :D
Shaz in Oz.x #42

{Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards blog}

Stacy Sheldon said...

oh man, I am totally with you on the dust. achoo. (high dessert mountain climate here) and I wish there was a way to make it less work but, I totally LOVE that display of punchies.. ( gonna show hubs the mug shot later) oh the etch a sketch sentiment is this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I9ICGGQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
tossed it in my cart to get that glue eraser that really works. yep, I needed it last night. :)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Oh dust, where does it all come from. You no sooner clean it than it's back again does it not realise we have better things to do than chase it round all day Lol!
Charles is a very clever cat and determind to be in shot even if it's only his tail Lol!
Have a great week and happy crafting, Angela x 24

Patrink said...

Charles looks so much like my Newton, who is now behaving himself so I can probably get back to crafting and visit again later when I have a cat in my lap or on my keyboard. Love your desk.

Happy WOYWW, thanks for sharing
Pat #54

Greta said...

My stamp store didn't have that many punches--great collection! Love that your kitty wants to be in the pictures--very photogenic!

sandra de said...

Ohhhh your kitty does the best photo bombs ever. Love the shelf system but the dusting would get to me. Actually I wouldn't dust then it would get to me. Have a lovely week.
sandra de @32

Words and Pictures said...

I spent a long time looking at the third photo to see whether Charles had managed to photo bomb that too, but reluctantly came to the conclusion that you'd managed to exclude him from that one!

Love the rack on the wall... looks massively useful. No wall space in my room sadly!
Alison xx

Sarn said...

Of course, one PARTICULAR picture caught my eye with the Sarntangle stamps sitting there. Hilarious that Charles insisted on being included in the rack photo's. My oh my, that's A LOT of punches. Not that I can talk . . . I have similar racks . . .but they are FULL OF STAMPS!

Off to rehab . . . ..