Monday, January 26, 2015

Rudolph Day--New Location

It is Rudolph Day again! This year it is hosted by Scrappymo and you can check it out HERE.  Rudolph Day was dreamed up to give us a head start on Christmas cards for the year and gosh knows I need all the help I can get.

Lately a lot of folks have been recycling Christmas cards, cutting up store bought ones they received to re-purpose them into new (and sometimes improved) holiday cards.  I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon and try that out.
I selected a long card that had three snowman buddies on it and cut them out separately.  I had intended to make all three into cards but only got the one done. The whole crafty thing just wasn't happening this weekend.  Stay tuned, one of these days this fellow's two buddies will make an appearance here.

The Fine Print: Stitched circle die by MFT, snowflake die by A Muse Studio (retired), designer paper by DCWV, ribbon and tiny button from my stash.

15 comments:

Janeen said...

cute. i have done that in the past. i don't think i saved any this year. i like that you put him on that big circle die cut. he just looks cute surrounded by all that green and red.

Carol L said...

He looks like a jolly snowman and I love the sparkle of this recycled cutie! NJ!

jimlynn said...

Judy, this is so cute! Great way to recycle the little snowman and love that big snowflake you used!
Lynn

MaryH said...

Excellent use of the upcycled purchased card! Love the way you've cut him out & repurposed him on this cute card. You know my love of the stitched & pierced circles, and it was a terrific design idea to pop Mr. Snowy up over that circle. Love the deep bkgrnd color and that pretty border treatment with the snowflake. Yay for you. Thanks for joining in at 2015 #1 Rudolph Day. Hope to see you each month! TFS & Hugs

stampingbowd said...

This is super cute! Gorgeous way to upcycle!!! The beautiful green DP adds a wonderful backdrop for the glittery snowman!

stampingbowd said...

This is super cute! Gorgeous way to upcycle!!! The beautiful green DP adds a wonderful backdrop for the glittery snowman!

Joyce said...

Great idea to reuse Christmas cards. Your snow guy is cute. I wonder what your rules are--could you re purpose a photo card, especially if you thought the family was more attractive than your own?

scrappymo! said...

Great Up cycled card. That snowman is adorable.
Thanks for taking part in my first Rudolph Days challene for 2015.

KandA said...

Fabulous card and great recycling of that super snowman xx

Craftychris said...

Fabulous idea to recycle your Christmas cards, it's fabulous! I must get on and make my Rudolph Day card or I will be out of time!

chrissy xx said...

LOving your recyled Christmas card..So cute.
My DIL always saves me her Christmas cards lol..I strip of the good bits and use them again too.
Chrissyxx

Darnell said...

You picked an awesome snowman to upcycle, PJ!! Your resulting card is so much nicer than store-bought and I can't wait to see his buddies!! Hugs, DJ

Sarn said...

Hi PJ . . . Brilliant recycling for this cute snowman card.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Jessi Fogan said...

One of my favourite "techniques" - it always results in a way better card than the original! I love that ribbon :)

Leslie Hanna said...

I agree, hacking a store-bought card and using it on a new one generally results in a much nicer product. I look forward to seeing the other gents!