Saturday, January 31, 2015

Arizona!

Recently I was poking through my box of cards kept over the years so I could update the bulletin board with more seasonal cards.  I came across this card I made years ago at a Copper Leaf workshop.
Everything about this card is things I hate--stamping all over for a background, check; heat embossing, check; weird color combos, check; and layering until the darn thing requires extra postage and careful handling, check.  Yet, still I love this card.  Sometimes when you combine enough things you can't stand the outcome is brilliant.

The Fine Print: All stamps by Copper Leaf Creations.  For all you metalheads out there I'm sorry that you now have the Scorpions "Arizona" song stuck in your heads.  No, wait. I'm not sorry.  That song is even more brilliant than this card.

5 comments:

Carol L said...

I like this southwestern card too! The colors are perfect, and so are the layers, and it didn't cost you anything because you haven't mailed it! It's a definite win-win!!!

Leslie Hanna said...

I do like the colors, but agree on the stamp-all-over background. I personally detest ALL my old cards. Well, except for the one I made of the rubber molecule. I might frame that one.

Joyce said...

Fabulous card--it really has an old time rustic Arizona feel to it.

Craftychris said...

Brilliant and really striking card! Love the colours - I wish I liked my old cards - I don't know why I keep them! xxx

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh this is so pretty. Love the colors and the great design.