Friday, October 10, 2014

What Life's About

Remember the black and white iris fold card I shared with you recently?  You can revisit it HERE.  I mailed that card to my mom who is currently in town visiting.  She mentioned how she was really impressed with it and wondered how it was made.  Since I just happened to still have the pattern sitting on my desk I got it out and proceeded to show her just how it was made.  I used some origami paper strips that I had lying around and between the two of us we came up with this card.
So of course now my mom is going to rush right home and make a dozen or so of these cards for her Christmas card.  Or not.  Yeah, definitely I think it is the latter.  But that, friends, is what life is all about... making cards and having fun.

The Fine Print: There is a chance that greeting stamp is by Penny Black.  There is also a chance that I'm wrong.  The glittery piece in the middle is from DCWV and all the other stuff is from my stash.  You will note that life is not about biology homework.  My apologies in advance to any science teachers. 

5 comments:

Craftychris said...

Love this! Fab colours and a lovely sentiment. I am glad you both had fun making it! xxx

Squirrel x said...

Blimey, thought you had changed to philosophy class for a moment - what is life about? I have no *** idea girl, but if I do discover it I shall let you know. Loving the card, and loving that you are teaching your mom! Hugs xx

Leslie Hanna said...

Another stunner! I may or may not have boatloads of origami paper. I really should learn how to make these so they aren't 2 inches thick.

Sue said...

Just catching up on all your fab cards PJ because I haven't been able to comment with this stupid blogger! have a great weekend hugs Sue xx

Carol L said...

You and your mom did a great job on this card! I love those awesome colors together!