Thursday, July 3, 2014

Watercolored Happiness

I've started a watercolor class on-line and been doing a wee bit of dabbling with it. I confess that up until now I don't think I've used a water brush before.  Those things are pretty nifty when paired with watercolor pencils. I see they take a bit of practice to get the right amount of water out of them, but really pretty easy to figure out.
I made this long skinny card (fits a business sized envelope) by coloring the images with watercolor pencil and then going over it with the water brush.  I then sponged the edges, added some ribbon and a paper flower and called it done.

The Fine Print: Butterfly stamp by Club Stamp, flowers by Prima, papers, ribbon and brad from my stash.  That's all she wrote!

11 comments:

Carol L said...

The coloring on these butterflies is phenomenal! Absolutely stunning card!

Irish Cherokee said...

Excellent PJ. You are a natural with water colors.

Joyce said...

Fantastic design--very artsy, and I like the longer shape. I love my water brush and water color pencils too. Such a fun and easy way to color.

Irene said...

Beautiful colouring Judy and brilliant design. I love watercolouring as it's so relaxing.
luv
irene
xxxx

Hettie said...

OOooo Pwetty. Who doesn't like butterflies?
I have some catching up to do. Haven't seen you for a lickle while.
Hugs
xx

Eliza said...

I really like the one it is so brilliant. Thanks for sharing.

Hugs Eliza

chrissy xx said...

Absolutely LOve these butterflies..
Sooo pretty.
Chrissyxx

Sue said...

This is very pretty PJ! have a great weekend huggles Sue xx

Sally H said...

OOOOOh , PJ! This is stunning! Gorgeous work, my friend! LOVE it!

jimlynn said...

I just can't get the hang of watercoloring at all and tend to make a mess! You are doing wonderful with it though and the butterfly looks so real. Great card.
Lynn

vic said...

Gorgeous!!! You have a talent there love the colours it looks so real!!

Vic x