Tuesday, July 22, 2014

A Whiff of Spring

I guess yesterday's spring chorus post got me thinking spring.  It certainly isn't the thermostat (145 F or so... maybe).
I thought I'd share this card I made I made earlier this month when the A Muse catalog first came out.  It is in the new catalog but it isn't new. I find the new catalog so exciting that it made me want to play with my old stuff as well.  This is a large stamp and up until now I hadn't cropped it down for a card and thought it was high time I did so.

Apparently I'm not the only one thinking off season stuff though.  A coworker posted a photo of Halloween stuff in a store she saw this past weekend and A Muse is gearing up for a Christmas in summer sale:

They are going to put their remaining retired holiday stamps sets on sale for a whopping 40% off starting August 1.  There is a cool set with a disco ball that I somehow never managed to acquire back when it was shiny and new but it will be mine now.  Or at least soon....

The Fine Print: I'd also like a disco ball for my living room. It would be more for the cat and not me, but it would entertain me watching the cat chase all the spots of light.  Or maybe his brain would just explode.  That might be entertaining too as long as I didn't have to clean up afterward.  Daffodil stamp by A Muse Studio, floral oval die by Spellbinders, photo corners by Recollections, and designer paper from my stash (which is code for 'who knows').

6 comments:

Irene said...

Hello Judy,

A beautiful card using one of my favourite colour combos. The beautiful gingham paper sets the amazing daffodil off to perfection.
luv
irene
xxxx

Irish Cherokee said...

Great card Judy. I am an old country boy (at heart at least)and just love gingham in any shade. - Jim

Sue said...

Fab card Judy love the colours huggles Sue xx

Chrisboldo said...

Oh Judy, great card, love that gingham!

Hugs
Chris B
http://thecardphilelady.blogspot.com

Carol L said...

I really like that navy die against the gingham, which sets that daffodil perfectly! I love those old photo corners too!

Bonnie said...

Daffodils are pretty in any season!