Saturday, April 5, 2014

Merry Monday Mistletoe

This week the challenge over at the Merry Monday Challenge Blog is to use mistletoe on your creation.  I figured I'd have to sit this one out because I was pretty sure I didn't own any mistletoe, but then I remembered I have one stamp in a set that qualified.  I used some paper from a Christmas pad that my friend gave me and this card was born:
And just to prove to you that I had intentions to join in last week's Merry Monday here are the cards that I started but didn't finish because I got sick.  I wasn't liking how the first one came so I intended to make another one.  That's where I stalled out.  I finished them up today which is pretty major because I'm the Queen of Unfinished Projects.  Er... um.... I mean the Princess.
 
The Fine Print: Mistletoe stamp and yellow seam binding by Stampin' Up "Very Merry Tags" set, papers by Martha Stewart, cut with scissors, Spellbinder oval, and A Muse Studio scallops, chocolate pearls by Pizzazz Aplenty.  Santa cards stamps by A Muse Studio.

16 comments:

Craftychris said...

All three are fab! I love the pearls on the mistletoe and the spots and stripes together - really cool! xx

Irish Cherokee said...

Mistletoe is my favorite plant. (HEH HEH) Special card with the mistletoe. Actually great card. The second two are nice too.

Bonnie said...

I love this little mistletoe stamp and the yellow ribbon is an unexpected surprise! I'm glad you're sharing last week's cards with us too! They are both adorable and aren't you glad they're finished? Glad you're feeling better!

Carol L said...

That's a cute, cute mistletoe card! Mistletoe sounds like an ailment of the foot doesn't it? LOL Seriously, this turned out cute and so did that other pre-started cards! Well done!

Kristie Goulet said...

Very nice mistletoe card and I LOVE your cards from last week too! Glad you are feeling better!

jimlynn said...

More great cards for Christmas! Love the little Santa suit!! CUTE! The mistletoe one is so pretty. Love them all.
Lynn

Wendy said...

All 3 cards are fabulous! Just love the Santa suit ones! I love this week's mistletoe card as well with all that pretty paper and terrific image! Glad to hear your feeling better! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

So pretty! Love the little pearl "berries" - lovely touch! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday!!

Cherie said...

Good job remembering about that mistletoe stamp! I don't have anything at all so I skipped this week. I like that glittery trim on Santa's suit.

Greta said...

Your mistletoe card is wonderful! We were on the same wave length with pearls for the berries. I like the ones you finished up, too!

Lori Turner said...

That little mistletoe stamp is so cute!! I've seen it around quite a bit :) Super cute card! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week xoxoxo

Words and Pictures said...

Another fab trio of Christmas cards, your Royal Highness!
Alison x

chrissy xx said...

What a cutie this is! LOving your Mistletoe stamp with these pretty pearls..Great design and colours.
Yikes! Another two Christmas card..LOving them both,It's lovely how the same stamp can make completely different cards..
Chrissyxx

Jessi Fogan said...

The mistletoe challenge is HARRRRD! Who woulda thunk we were all so mistletoe deficient? I love how you added pearls (and definitely love that sentiment) and man, if getting crud isn't a reason to not finish a card then I don't know what is.

Notes by Nina said...

What a lovely set of cards, well done. Thanks for playing along with us for Merry Monday.

MaryH said...

Ka-Yute! All are adorable, and it's hard to feel like crafting when you feel crappy too. You did good, Princess. (you're not alone in the UFO's either). TFS