Friday, April 4, 2014

Happy Flowers, Happy Birthday

I really need to get cracking on card making so I have things to show you and because I have lots of occasions coming up that require cards.  So many in fact, that I decided to raid my previously made stash for some cards to get a head start.  I came across this beauty:
I made this at a card workshop awhile back. I really liked this card because of the different patterns and shapes that are on it. Plus it has the added bonus of having some shimmer as that white layer is shimmery.  The little crocheted flower is a neat addition too.

The Fine Print: No telling what company is behind all these wonderful goodies although the chances are high that at least something on here is Close to My Heart.  I do know the crocheted flower was found in some bargain bin somewhere.  That's a fun find!  I've shunned bargain bins for a long time now; maybe it is time to rethink that. Oh, and it s because they often have junk in them not that I don't love a bargain!

14 comments:

Irish Cherokee said...

I really like this card too but you already said everything I would have said so GREAT CARD Judy. LOL.

Cherie said...

It's like a birthday party on a card! So bright and fun.

jimlynn said...

Loving that color combination!! So pretty and of course the little crochet flower is a perfect addition.
I think the bargain bins are the first thing I hit at the store!
Lynn

Bonnie said...

I love these pretty yellow flowers, Judy! A bright and happy card!

chrissy xx said...

WoW! FABulous colours and I LOve the crocheted flower sooo pretty.
Chrissyxx

Sandy said...

Love the crocheted flower. I actually figured out how to make them and crocheted a few, but I don't know where they are hiding.

Janeen said...

I love this card and all the happy things on it. I have seen those crocheted flowers once at a yard sale, they were selling 100 of them for some ridiculously low price but I just didn't think I would use 100 and I had just started my use it up mantra in my mind.

Carol L said...

I love the design here with those corners, brads, and great colors! That little crocheted flower wraps it all up perfectly!

Joyce said...

What a treasure you have found to post. Thanks for all your kind and thoughtful comments on my blog today and yesterday. I feel like I sucked up a portion of your life!

stampingbowd said...

Great colors and patterns. I love the crocheted flower!

Craftychris said...

This is so pretty! I adore the colours and the little crochet flower is so cute! xx

Greta said...

So pretty! This will make someone smile on their birthday!

Words and Pictures said...

Love the bold bright colours on here - and the tag tucked in is really cute!
Alison x

Jessi Fogan said...

Me too I hit the bargain bins first...took me a few years to learn NOT to buy something just because it's a deal, but given that, I've found some cool stuff :) Love the bright colours & those cheery polka dots!