Friday, April 18, 2014

Fancy Folded Kit Card

Here is a fancy folded (and die cut) card that I made from a kit. I think you could have sussed that out from the title of this post though, being the intelligent creature that you are.  The image is paper tole or 3D layering depending on your outlook in life.  I added the fancy sticker borders and dots which did not come with the kit even though they were shown on the finished product.  That's just dirty pool.

I was having a hard time deciding what to write in my blog today and that was before someone got upset and ran out the alarmed door.  Now I can't write or hear.

Well, as my one coworker always says: Thank God it's Viernes.

The Fine Print: Viernes is Friday in Spanish in case maybe you thought is was some kind of paper crafting technique you hadn't heard of yet.  I can't even tell who made this kit because.... well, because I can't.  I'd have to kill you.  No, wait.  That's not it.  Because I don't know where I put it.  Jeez! There! I admitted it.

16 comments:

Sandy said...

Very pretty. The card came pre-embossed, I assume (or did they play dirty pool on that, too?).

Craftychris said...

Really lovely card! Love all the sparkly stones xx

Krisha said...

Really GORGEOUS!!!

Unknown said...

I love this! Just gorgeous

Irish Cherokee said...

Kit or not this is a beautiful card. The addition of the sticky stones and chain is the perfect touch. Shame on them for not including what was advertised.

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful card! And you leave me giggling as always! Hope your hearing comes back for the weekend! Happy Easter!

MaryH said...

Loved your pretty card, and thanks for explaining that paper tole is same as 3D layering. I always wonder about that..(being the intelligent blog surfer that I yam :-) LOL. Seriously. This is one very pretty card. I'm always entranced with fold cards - prob'ly cause I can't do them well. Very classy. Didn't know Vierns either. You've added to my knowledge base, made me laugh, and provided me a lovely card to enjoy. Perfect ending to a day that didn't start out happy. Oh well, long as it ends happily. TFS & you sound as though you're feeling better. Hugs & Happy Easter too.

jimlynn said...

Happy Viernes to you too!
Love this beauty. The violin is awesome as well as is the rest of the card. Just beautiful!
Lynn

Patricia said...

Happy Easter to you and yours.
Brilliant, love the whole design and the image is just fantastic
Have a great day

Patricia x

Words and Pictures said...

Very elegant, and gracious of you to make up for the lack of bling in the kit! Hope you're enjoying a lovely sunny Easter weekend.
Alison x

DonnaMundinger said...

This is beautiful and your post has me giggling for all kinds of reasons. You're a hoot, girly! xxD

Carol L said...

Yes! TFIV!! No, wait! That's not right is it?! LOL
This is one incredibly stunning card and I don't care how you put it together! I likey!

Cherie said...

Amazing details on this card. I have to say the bling around the heart is my favorite part.

Jessi Fogan said...

I like to be snotty & call it paper tole, because I can. lol! Who the heck runs out an alarmed door, anyway (and groan, what startled it. Sorry)
The bling totally makes this card :)

chrissy xx said...

When is a kit not a kit! When there's bits missing lol..Still it's turned out lovely.
Chrissyxx

stampingbowd said...

Gorgeous card!!! Shame on the kit company for not putting everything in the kit and giggle on not knowing where it is! You are so funny! Here we are closing in on another Viernes and I am just getting to your blog!