Friday, November 29, 2013

Strips!

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I have a lot of left over strips of paper from a crafty class and I need to come up with ways to use.  I know the obvious way to use them would be to make more of the card I taught, but I wanted to think outside that bannered box to something else.
I could just use the strip of designer paper as is and use it as an accent stripe.  I thought the card needed a little something horizontal as well so I added in the bit of ribbon.  Then I thought it needed a bit more in that upper blank corner so the greeting got stamped.  I think that squirrel might be cheering on the UA Wildcats in that blue and red cap.
On this card I sliced up the strips into narrower widths and mounted them onto a darker blue mat.  Without that darker blue this card would have been much to pale for me.  Again, I felt it needed a horizontal bit so I added a snippet of baker's twine.
I tried again with narrower matching strips.  Since this card had a horizontal print I thought it would eliminate the need to add something going that direction on this card.  That cat's huge green eyes are insane!  Maybe those horns are intercepting alien radio waves and beaming them directly into his brain!
And here is a picture I was told I had to upload to ruin Jack's bad ass reputation.  He doesn't want everyone to know he's really a big softie.

I decided to link this post up to Pixie's Playground because I said the magic word "snippets."  It also made me realize that I'll be I could get tons of inspiration there!

The Fine Print: Designer papers by DCWV the current Christmas stack; top two cards stamp from A Must Artstamps, Merry Kissmas kitty by All Night Media; baby blue and white baker's twine by DeNami Designs, ribbon and glitter from stash.

7 comments:

Carol L said...

Great cards, and I love how you put those paper strips to good use at the same time! I love the whimsical images on each card :)

scrappymo! said...

I agree with Carol L...those images are so cute!

Three great cards...I think my fave is the middle one. I like he idea of matting two strips of DP with one mat of the darker card. Lovely!

Sally H said...

Three Gorgeous cards! Love the paper strips down the side idea

Sarn said...

Hi Princess Judy . . .haven't popped round to see you for a while, but am glad to see you again.

You have made great cards here and used up loads of snippets. YAY!

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Georgiana said...

Your cards look great and your kitties are super cute!

Di said...

And a double YAY from me PJ, soooo good to see you in the Playground. Super cards, and a lovely and inventive way to use the strips, which I always falter over. Do your snippets breed too?! :)

Hugs, Di xx

Words and Pictures said...

Great use of the strips and stripes - I love the parcel in the middle one, and agree about that fab bold border.
Alison x