Sunday, September 1, 2013

Possibly Taking Liberties

There was no post from me yesterday because I didn't bother to turn on the computer.  Besides I think August is cheeky for having 31 days right after July does it.  I think it should give up a day and give it to poor February who gets short changed all the time.

I wanted to join Di's Snippet Playground because I haven't been by in forever and I hear the sandbox has fresh sand and the teeter totters have been well oiled so they won't screech.  I suspect I may be taking liberties with the definition of "snippet" though.

Um... okay, I don't actually know the definition of snippet but somehow I don't think a 6x6 piece of patterned paper counts.  But it was in the bookcase! By itself! No rhyme or reason!  It was a little lost soul, which to me fits the definition of snippet.
But just in case that is too big to be a snippet I did use a left over piece of twine that I hid from the kitties, a smidge of blue paper and a scrap of blue to make this card.

I just love this stamp.  It makes me smile every time.  How silly is that that kitties are taking turns getting rides on a giraffe?!  And paying 5-cents for it!  I wonder what the giraffe is saving up for?

The Fine Print: Stamp by Magenta, a good old fashioned fat wood mounted one, twine by A Muse Studio (toffee color) and snippets from my stash.  I really like that paper but I don't know why it was amongst some books and I'm sad I have but that one piece.

5 comments:

Di said...

Hi Judy - lovely to see you playing :)

Love this card - plenty of snippets - and the twine counts - plus the image made me giggle. Wonder what the giraffe is saving for, throat lozenges for the Winter maybe? :)

Hugs, Di xx

Hettie said...

Great card there Judy and I am sure you used Snippets there! What I want to know is where is the Giraffe's pocket?
Hugs
xx

Mrs A. said...

I think he is saving up for a pair of skates (or in his case two pairs). Defo got snippets on your card. Hugs Mrs A.

scrappymo! said...

Cute card...maybe he is saving up to take his whole family to Disneyland...that is what my 5 year old grandson is always saying!!!

Love your sweet giraffe!

Darnell said...

Possibly a neck brace after all that abuse, eh? Good to see you back at the Playground, PJ! As I see it, you've used nothing but snippets and wonderfully so!!