Wednesday, August 21, 2013

What's on Your Workdesk? #220

Hey! Remember WOYW Wednesdays?  Yeah, me too.  So I thought I'd participate today to let the gals know that I am still alive and kicking and still have a desk.
There are some differences from the last time I joined WOYWW.  One is the top right section that is clear. That spot has to stay open now, because whenever we leave one or another kitten gets up there and sits to get some goodbye petting.  If there is something there, they will just knock it off.

To the left of the desk is a new-ish mini easel so I can take photos of my cards.

Under the desk is clean!  That's huge.  You can see one bin of paper under there and a footstool, but other than that there is space!

To the left of my desk on the floor I replaced the old beat up cardboard box filled with plastic bins with some pieces of furniture (Recollections drawers).  Things are very nicely organized in there and I really enjoy having that there.  Those were good purchases.  If you want to know how I get to the bottom drawers of the black cart that the mini easel is on, I just pull out the furniture drawers and move anything in front out of the way.  That sounds like a lot of work but I keep things in there that I don't need to access very often.  There are several drawers of holiday stamps, the drawer of spare envelopes, another drawer of chipboard and corrugated paper, and one filled with fibers.  The chipboard and fibers should be downsized since they aren't my go-to items anymore.
Here's a close up of the left side of my desk.  I included this because the sad thing is on the bottom of that pile is the exact same stuff that was on my desk last time I joined WOYWW months ago.  It is bits leftover from a Simon Says Stamp card making kit.  I keep thinking I'll use up those last little bits but just somehow never get around to it.  The cards are received from recent swaps that I need to acknowledge.  The crinkled ribbon in the front is wrinkled seam binding that I just bought for Halloween. I am loving seam binding for ribbon these days!  The packet of orange sequins were previously swiped by the kittens and I found them today.  I guess they were done using them for whatever project they were working on.
I also included a photo of my table since I often showed that as it used to be a huge disaster area.  Much like the corner of my desk, I have to keep it fairly clean now.  This photo shows you why.  Charles loves to lounge on the table and will stretch out and push off anything he deems is in his way.  We've come to an understanding that I'll keep it clean most of the time and he won't push the Big Shot or the paper cutter off.

The Fine Print: I know that's a lot of words for a WOYWW post and I hope you enjoyed them all.  No telling if I'll get back to being a weekly visitor or not. I am going to challenge myself to use those silly left over bits on my desk and show them off within the next few weeks. Stay tuned!

19 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It's good that you and Charles have that understanding. Bleubeard is not allowed in my craft room, and he doesn't understand why.

You have a super clean surface and that easel, which I finally spied, will be great for your cards.

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I agree about the cost of postage. I used to be in a TON of swaps, but I simply can't afford it anymore. Same types of swaps, too. Do you know they now charge MORE in the US if it's fabric? Those days of swapping are now long gone. Happy WOYWW from #10.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Hey there, Judy..it's good to see you back! Love your little helper lying there so innocently saying 'Moi? Attack the orange sequins?? No way, Jose....I'm more of a purple puss myself'...........;-)
Hugs, LLJ 63 xx

Queen Lightwell said...

Yay! So happy to see you here today! And that space under your desk being clean is huge! If you had a dog he would adore you for that and sit on your tootsies all "winter" long to keep them warm! lol Like you guys have winter there! haha :) Love that piece from Recollections, too. It looks super organizational and so functional, plus it will stand up so much better and longer, huh? And that is very nice of your kitty to agree not to knock off the BigShot and the papercutter! lol Do come check me out at #126 and see how I changed my craft room around, well it's a little better this week anyways! lol :) And you were right about if I hadn't of done it I would always have wondered. That makes me feel a little better about the whole ordeal, too. :) Hugs dear! Deeyll #126

Unknown said...

Hello going to make it short.. cant get over how many people have kitty's on here so funny. Im still working getting to everyone's desk.. so thank you for sharing and have a bright day. Roberta 26

Unknown said...

Your cat looks like it has a front row seat in the creativity section.

Claire Grantham said...

Thanks for swinging by my blog earlier. I love your updated craft room. When we lived in London, the space I had was a bit tight and my cats used to cause so many craft disasters once I was asleep or at work that I nicknamed them 'the phantom fur crafters' Now here in NYC, my space is better organised and they stay away from it, as my Hubby has a nice hole in his Expedit for them. Cx #29

sandysewin said...

I love that the only clear space on your desk is for the cat, lol. :-)

Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier and for the kind comments.

Happy Woyww,

Sandy #4

Spyder said...

Well it looks like the kitty is really pleased there's enough space to spread out! My lodger cat Jinx will lie across the computer ...try to push me off my chair and start pulling things out from shelves, to get me out of the craft room.. Thank you for my snoop!!
Happy WOYWW!
((Lyn)) #5

Lynn McAuley said...

Fabulous Halloween ribbons!! I bet kitty enjoys them, too!!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!!

Lynn #19

Bernice said...

Nice to see your desk again - it looks much better than its 'twin' here at the moment - its buried under so much stuff that I haven't participated in WOYWW for the last couple of weeks (too busy decorating my son's bedroom). What a cute kitten - if you leave out a pile of newly washed, neatly folded clothes, it will lie on top of them and leave your desk free for crafting!
Bernice

ria gall said...

Hi Judy
it is great to have you back but shock horror at your desk still having some stuff on it that was there last time you joined us.
It all looks good to me very crafty and creative
Have a really great WOYWW and enjoy the rest of your week
Hugs Ria #85

Neet said...

Oh Judy, you will never know how big the smile is on my face right now. It is lovely to have you back and I have missed you and your humour so much. Hope you do find time to keep coming back.
Love your kitty photos, they can be demanding can't they.
Thanks for visiting me earlier and alerting me to you being here - and for the great show of your area as it is now.
Hugs, Neet 32 xx

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Thanks for stopping by, I smiled BIG when I saw the corner of your desk! I have the same issue. Big Baxter loves to be high, watching over things. Aren't they a hoot! After our trip to Germany I am hoping to have creative time and aim to keep it organized. Sometimes I can't even find a path to get to my desk, too much fabric, storage containers etc..Enjoy the weekend.

Daniella said...

I love that little cabinet!! I think your area is quite tidy!!
Love your pretty cat!!
xxDaniella#13

Unknown said...

Oh, what a fabulous desk and craft area, love it, and another Kitty Kat, enjoying it space too...my kitties are not allowed into the bedroom, so just my wee Jet the poodle allowed in to play with me...happy WOYWW Avril#56

fairy thoughts said...

Hi PJ
Good to se you back although I have visited between times. I think it's cute you keep a space on your desk for a kitten.... Desks are special places, I keep a basket on my room for my dog but she rarely goes in it. She seems to prefer to stand and whine for my attention
Janet @31

voodoo vixen said...

I'm just gladd you manage to jump in when you can, life is like that! Had to laugh that the only clear spots on desk and table are for the cats!! My two are pretty good about staying off my desk, ofr which I am grateful! Apologies for my late arrival of doing the round of WOYWW desks! Annette #6

Darnell said...

Nice to hear from you and see you again on WOYWW, PJ Palmer! Also lovely to see your beautiful desk, your crafty craftiness, and one of your babies. You're a good mama. You're not so good at using little bits and bobs, but I like that you remain optimistic that you will.

Thank you for your get well wishes! I'm taking it easy and only making cards and blog visits. Mister is waiting on me hand and foot. Oh, wait, he does that everyday!

I am way more sore than I thought I would be (no doubt another bloody age thing) so I'm not seeing much progress happening with the reorg this week, which is fine. I can still work around the current setup until the stamina returns. Hugs! Hope to see you again! Darnell #16

Nikki said...

Craft areas are never complete without a cat. Mine thinks my sewing table is hers.