Saturday, June 1, 2013

What Chicks Dig

One time I went to dinner with various parts of my family and family friends.  My nephew and his friend were young 20-somethings and spent a better part of the evening discussing the cars they were working on.  We heard tales of shiny hubcaps, throaty mufflers, gleaming chrome, and various wing dings under the hood that would increase horsepower.  My little brother and his friend just kept smiling and nodding at each other, since they knew those were big concerns at that age because those were their concerns 20-odd years ago.

At some point in the evening my mother inquired why all this was important.  The answer, of course, was to impress chicks.  That really got my brother and his friend grinning.

Paul, the friend, leaned forward and asked the pair if they knew what kind of car chicks dug the most?  They made some guesses about high end sports cars that no one not a rock star or someone having a midlife crisis really drives.  "No, what chicks really dig are cars that run!"

All the real adults at the table burst out laughing.  The two kids, not so much.  They failed to see the humor in it, especially since neither of their cars actually ran.  And to boot, even if their cars did run neither of them held valid driver's licenses since they both lost them to youthful shenanigans.  They didn't have steady income to actually do all this mythical work on their cars or to do that other thing that chicks dig: go out on dates.
So there you have it.  What chicks really dig is cars that run.I know it gets this chick hot.  I'm fond of dudes who do housework too.

The Fine Print: That was when I knew my little brother had finally grown up and realized that reliable cars were more important than shiny gizmos and thumping stereos.  It is many, many years later and I still don't think my nephew has figured it out yet.Cards and part from Club Scrap "Birds of a Feather" kit.  Other pieces are Stampin Up ribbon, A Muse scallop border die, Prima Flowers and a Recollections brad.


3 comments:

Georgiana said...

Great cards, fabulous colors, and a super memory to share!

Krisha said...

Great cards, LOVE the story, but like you those guys that will do house work are pretty darn HOT at this stage of my life!!

Words and Pictures said...

And therein lies the endless miscalculation that exists between the sexes! Good to know some of them grow up to work it out!!
Alison x
(Oh, cute cards!)