Thursday, April 18, 2013

Happy Birthday!

Today is my Mom's birthday.  I mentioned that to someone today and they asked me how old she was.  I thought there was some unwritten rule that you never ask a woman how old she is?  I mean, granted they weren't asking the woman in question how old she was; they were asking me to tell them.  That's rather rude to expect me to squeal like that.  Anyway, the answer to that question (since you are now dying to know it) is that my mom is older than me.  'Nuff said on that.

My Mom lives in New Mexico.  You know, the 47th state of the union that is often mistaken for that entire country to the south of the United States.  The state that has the motto "Land of Enchantment" but if you've ever had the pleasure of dealing with local law enforcement quickly becomes "Land of Entrapment."  Those phrases got a coworker to ask for other three-word phrases to describe his home state of New Mexico.  "Red or Green" in reference to their chili was a popular response.  "No Habla Inglis" was another good one.  But the winner was, "Think Tucson's Boring?!"

Happy Birthday to you, Mom!  May your day be enchanting, filled with red or green chili, and just the right amount of boring.*

The Fine Print: All the card stuff by Club Scrap "Serrento."  *As I've grown older I've learned that boring isn't necessarily bad.  It tends to mean a heck of a lot less drama.

1 comment:

Krisha said...

Good 3 word dicriptions that would also aply to where I live!!
Your card is beautiful, I'm sure your Mom loves it. (DO Moms have a choice?)