Monday, March 25, 2013

Clean and Simple

CAS is big in stamping these days.  CAS stands for Clean and Simple, which means wide open spaces and simple designs.  The exact opposite of CAS with a ton of layers, complicated images, and more bling than you can shake a glitter wand at is also big in stamping.

However, the next A Muse Studio challenge is not about cluttering it up but about cleaning it up.  One aspect of clean and simple is having a quantity of white space on your card.  White space does not have to be white, but it often is.
Here is my CAS card with lots of white white space.  I have to admit that this card did not have the impact I envisioned.  The line where one color turns into the next is jagged and I think that detracts from the design and makes it less than clean. 
I am much happier with this CAS card.  It is crisp and wide open.  It makes an impact. It doesn't even make me twitchy which I thought would happen once this challenge topic was announced.  It turns out I'm okay with clean and simple.  Who knew?

The Fine Print: Both cards made with A Muse Studio product, as us design team members are supposed to do; however those joining in the challenge don't have that requirement so why don't you stop by and join in today?  Stamp sets used: polka dot patterns, say it with style, and handscripted.  Cardstock used: sugar, grapefruit, and grapefruit petite polka day.  Other items used: heart trio die, markers, and Memento black ink.

1 comment:

Words and Pictures said...

I do like them both, but I think you're right - that second one is the killer card - fab!
Alison x