Thursday, March 28, 2013

Birthday Party



This month was my stamp club's birthday and we decided to have a special celebration for it.  We had several different tables of activities for our members to do.  Half the tables would be make and takes where they could participate in making something.  The other half of the tables would be for demos so they could learn things to do on their own.

I agreed to man one of the tables and I think one thing this club needs is more actual stamping or creating.  That meant my table was going to be a hands-on make and take  One problem with this stamp club is that it has too many members so if you agree to do a make and take for everybody you need to plan for about 50.

That got me thinking, what can I put together for 50 people?  I had been pondering that on and off for awhile when I came across this post by Crooked Stamper.  I thought her solution to using up the ends of paper packs would be ideal for my class. 

That worked out great as I had plenty of papers that coordinated that could be used for this class.  I had a nice variety of colored twine and greeting stamps.  So while everyone made the same project, no two were alike because folks could pick different papers, different twine, and different greetings.  It was widely received, so much so that now people want to do a Christmas card version of this class in the fall.

The Fine Print: While this workshop shows a great use for those scrap strips of patterned paper one has left over, the reality is for the class I cut up entire sheets of paper for it.  I have plenty of left overs so perhaps this will become my signature card.  Papers by various companies, greeting stamps by DeNami, Hero Arts, and A Muse Artstamps, twine (bottom cards) by May Arts, twine (top card) from PaperMart.com (however, I don't recommend them).

3 comments:

SandeeNC said...

That was a great idea using up all those scraps which gave everyone variety in return! I have no doubt your table was popular! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

Di said...

Hi Judy, I did a similar card for the Snippets Playground (remember that?) on Sunday just gone. Ha, like you I cut into fresh sheets but it's a fabulous way to use up snippets - yours look just great!

Hugs, Di xx

The Nested Blog said...

Gah, paper crafts! This is like the one craft area where I am all thumbs!!!