Friday, December 28, 2012

This 'n That

Yesterday was a hodge podge of cardmaking.  I made some of this and some of that.  The Fed Ex guy came by early to drop off Club Scrap's December goodness. I was looking forward to this kit. Yes, I always check out the sneak peaks and previews!

I still have those never ending Serenade bits on my desk and I tackled some of them.

Then I pulled out a really old Club Scrap kit called Apothecary. When I got it I made several cards with the stamps but pretty much ignored the card kit part with the cards, layers, and embellishment die cuts.  I tried to make some cards out of it but found it just as hard to come up with ideas for it as I did years ago when the kit was new.
I think those pre-printed pieces are still odd all these years later.  I may end up just making random cards with the cards and their layers and pitching the die cuts.  We'll see.  I also made the world's suckiest card.  I didn't photograph it for you though.  Sorry! I didn't think of it before it hit the trash.  I showed it to hubby and he said it was unfortunate and beyond help.  I already knew that.  It happens--into every crafting life some suck happens.

The Fine Print: Top two cards most everything by Club Scrap "Big City" kit, ink by Memento, and circle punch by EK Success.  Next two cards stamps by Simon Says Stamp, papers by Basic Grey "Serenade," black & white twine by Doodlebug, natural twine by May Arts, and circle punch by EK Success.  Bottom card all stuff by Club Scrap "Apothecary" from 2009.

4 comments:

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Judy,

I love the card with the little birdie on it! I've messed up my dining room table with cardmaking supplies. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have a bit of crafting time!

I hope you have a wonderful 2013!

Hugs,
Kay

Words and Pictures said...

Love your Serenade cards... I've got some and this is lovely inspiration, thanks. The New Years card is such a bright, bold and sassy number - love it!
Alison x

SandeeNC said...

LOL at your husband...I can relate though, I tossed one in the trash yesterday. The "just what the doctor ordered" card needs a wine glass on it, lol Oh wait, that's just me self medicating again! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Squirrel x said...

Oooh, fabbie cards sweetie, what a great selection! Yeah, guess we all suffer from suck occasionally, I did today but I still blogged it, lol! Hugs Sxx