Monday, May 14, 2012

Color Me Crazy

Oh. My. Gawd!

Not that I'm an expert or anything, but I have never had so much trouble trying to color as I did with this card!  This week's A Muse Studio Challenge is called Color My World and it is all about using color on your images.  There are lots of mediums to color with: chalks, Copic markers, other markers, pencils, watercolors, watercolor pencils, inks, paints, crayons, shimmer mediums like H2Os, etc. 

I opted for using my Copic markers because I am totally in love with them.  I admit that I don't really "get" shading and blending and imaging the light source. Sometimes I nail it and other times I'm in left field. I really wanted to put my all into this card.  I picked out three shades to work with and pondered light to dark or dark to light. I then jumped in with both feet and started coloring. 

Those of you who have worked with Copics know that you can't color a piece of your image and come back to it later and expect it to blend. You have to do all your shades at the same time and not dilly dally.  So there I am coloring and suddenly..... CORAL RUNS OUT OF INK! Darn it all. I knew it was running low so I had a refill on hand. I did the best I could with the dying, dying, dead marker. Then I refilled coral and went on to flower number two.  There I'm coloring and BLUSH RUNS OUT OF INK!  That one I'm out of luck on as I don't have a refill.  I quickly pull out my Copic chart and box of markers and find the next nearest colored marker I have.  

Who knew coloring was so difficult?!  Maybe it is just me.  Maybe you are the ultimate coloring machine.  If so, think about joining the A Muse Studio challenge Color My World Challenge.  There are fabulous cash and prizes to be had.  Well, okay, prizes, no cash.

The Fine Print: all the everythings by A Muse Studio-patterned paper Venetian Burano, stamps "Charming Gardeners" set, onyx ribbon and pearls, colored with Copics which may possibly drive you to drink. Of course, maybe my problem is I colored with my feet.  You read that, right?

4 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Well I'd say you nailed it. Copies make me drink, i can't get my head around them.Very much fancy these Venetian inspired card and papers from Amuse, but indeed an English source. Me, I wanna be a rep!!

Tracey Jean said...

and so you managed to do a great job under difficult circumstances... Love it!

Claire said...

sorry, i'm only now replying, it's been a long week...
many thanks for dropping by and leaving a note last WOYWW - it's much appreciated :)
and your card is just lovely!! i'm hopeless at colouring - too impatient...

Sarn said...

Super card. Shame your Copics were playing you up, but glad you showed them who was Boss xxx