Thursday, April 12, 2012

Never to Old too Learn

So I work at a school.  Not just any old school, mind you, but an Institute of Higher Learning.  But not too high, though, don't get carried away.  I've probably mentioned that before, but it is worthy of mentioning again, because for one-it is who I am.  I am a person who works at a school. I divide my life into fall semester, spring semester and summer, which is turns out that normal people do not do (or so my husband says).  And for two-you learn stuff at a school.  You don't even have to go to class to learn stuff.  I am a big proponent of learning stuff.  You can learn stuff from all sorts of situations.  Like yesterday...

I had to deliver some papers to a room that is off our cafeteria seating area, which was full of random students, or anyway I assume they were students because why else would they be there since they weren't employees except for they could have been just random people since this is the end of the line for the public bus system.  Anyway, while walking through I learned that Canada is its own continent!  I know!  I know!  And here, like me, you thought it was a mere country. Or maybe you did know that Canada was its own continent and I'm the idiot.  Anyway, the argument lecture on Canada went a little like this:

Dude, Canada is too its own continent!

Naw, I don't think so, man.

Yeah, it is.  Why do you think they call them Canadians?  Cuz they are in Canada, Dude!  That's why we're Americans because we're in North America!

Oh yeah, man.


Now everyone who reads this blog (all 3 of you) are much smarter for reading it. Although, I do suspect this topic may be more controversial than evolution.   Some of you will bring up that whole "United States of America" bit. You know it.  And some of you will want to know how Mexico feels about this. But let's not bite off more than we can chew.  Let's just do one continent at a time, shall we?  Speaking of Canada, did you know the number one export of Canada is hockey players?  Now you are doubly smart!

Or not.  Maybe that was just a lesson to show you that you can't believe everything you read on the internet.  Or hear in the cafeteria.  Even if the cafeteria is in an Institution of Higher Education.

Oh, and here's a card:

The Fine Print: First off I'd like the thank the little people who made this post possible.  And by "little people" I mean midgets who work in the p0rn business... and actually I'm just thanking them so that when people google "midget p0rn" they get my blog which will be a big disappointment, but also an important lesson about how you don't always get what you want out of life, like an entire continent to yourself  (I'm talking to you, Canada!).  I'd also like to give a big "You're Welcome!" to all those countries and continents who have a much smarter population than those here in Americanland.  Someone has to ride the short bus, you know.

And also, those stamps were by Close to My Heart.

4 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Lady, you are completely insane - and I am off to try and find dry pants. xx

Sarn said...

Thanks for the chuckle PJ. I don't know WHAT I've learned from your post . . . but if you say ANYTHING with enough conviction, people BELIEVE you! LOL!

Sweet snail card BTW! xxx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Aww bless der liddle students...but they are so WRONG!! Of course Canada isn't a continent, just like Russia isn't..or Brazil. They're just blooming big countries :)
I used to work in a Junior school so divided my year up just like you!!
Hugs,
LLJan xx

RosA said...

I guess by now your fears that only 3 people watched this blog have been confirmed? But, not so, I pop in occasionally too for your pithy comments and observations (oh, and the art too). I also worked for ages at an Institute of Higher Learning (the highest actually, in this part of the world, according to old school tradition) and also saw and heard many, many straaaaaange things ...
but that's another story. I do hope your "Zest for Life" comes back soon!