Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Biology 101: How to Dissect that Pesky Neighbor Dog

I work at a school, not only is it a school, but it is an institution of higher learning.  You've heard the saying, "Those who can, do.  Those who can't, teach?"  Well, I can't do but I don't teach.  What I do do (heh heh, she said "doo doo") sometimes is answer the incoming switchboard.  Anyone who insists that there is no such thing as a stupid question has never answered a call center.  M'hum, that's what I'm saying.

Not all inquiries are stupid.  Some are curious.  Yesterday I got a call from a lady who wanted to know if we had any biology courses where you could do dissection.  I perused our course descriptions, but alas, none of them said, "You will cut open former living things in this course."  Since I didn't know the answer I transferred the  Dexter Wannabe to the science department.

Later I mentioned to a coworker the serial-killer-in-training call I recieved.  The coworker shrugged me off saying that the lady was probably a squeamish person who was trying to avoid doing dissection.  Oh.  Yeah, I suppose that makes sense.  I like my version of reality better.

What does that have to do with today's cards?  What did I say about stupid questions?



The Fine Print: No frogs or pesky neighbor dogs were harmed in the making of this post.  The lady and the frog stamp by Inky Antics, Perfectly Good Frog saying by Ann-ticipations, corner punch by Carl.  Single frog stamp by Ann-ticipations, Kissed Them All saying by Inky Antics, border punch by Fiskars.

2 comments:

Squirrel x said...

I'm wiping away the laughter tears as I read, thank you for perking up my otherwise miserable day! We get some pretty odd calls at work too - will share them with you one day (remember I work in a department that deals with elderly clients, dead clients, and mental health clients - you get the picture, right?) Fantastic card - just adore the single frog - and the saying is just perfect. Brilliant. Hugs Sxx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

My husband is a support desk engineer for a global TV/film effects company. He hates the Puerto Ricans and the Mexicans with the Romanians coming in a close third. He is a mild mannered man but can be driven to machete wielding fury by the aforesaid countries. He has spent hours trying to sort out their problems by remote PC access only to have them say 'Would that wire that we pulled out of the machine earlier on have anything to do with it'.....
Light blue touch paper and retire to safe distance. He has every sympathy with you :) xx