Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Sweetest Wishes


As promised, here is some more inspiration using the Holiday Tags set.  I suspect most of my cards for The Holiday That Shall Not Be Named will come from this set.  That is both good and bad.  It is good because it is a fun set that gives me lots of inspiration and I can make so many different cards from it.  It is bad because I own a whole lot of other holiday stamps too.  I’m afraid they are just going to have to go unloved this year.  Or maybe not… there is still a whole lot more card making to go before we get to The Holiday That Shall Not Be Named.

By the way, I got to wondering the other day, are candy canes red with white stripes or are they white with red stripes?  I haven’t eaten a candy cane since my youth (not being a fan of candy and all) and I suspect they are white with red stripes because I seem to recall sucking off the red stripes down to a white core.  Either way, leave me a comment that tells me which way you like them colored better.

 
The Fine Print: stamps by A Muse Studio “Holiday Tags” set, scallop square punches by Marvy, border punch by Stampin’ Up, patterned papers by DCWV, scrap ribbon, bling by Recollections, stamped in Memento and Marvy Cherry Red, and colored with Copics.

1 comment:

Sheela Will said...

Well, girl, you've done it again! Apparently this is a set I'm going to have to have now, thanks to you. As for red and white vs. white and red, I do not know -- I believe you are correct they are white with red stripes. I believe zebras are white with black stripes but you have to look under their tails to know for sure and I'm not going there. As for the coloring job, I hadn't even noticed they were different until you pointed it out. My vote is for white with red stripes in the second card but I really like the other way on the card above it, so that one gets 9/10ths of a vote, too! Keep up the great work!