Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Have a Fang-Tastic Halloween

I decided that another Halloween card was in order.  This cutie is another stamp from the set I used yesterday.  Somehow I just saw this guy in white patent leather shoes, so I put clear dimensional glaze on the shoes, although you can’t tell in this scan.  I decided not to put a scalloped circle behind my regular circle and I know that is rare for me but I think this card worked well.

Let’s talk about that ribbon.  It is by American Crafts and I’m pretty sure that I bought it out of some bargain bin (because that is where my ribbon comes from). I don’t see myself having paid full price for it.  I remember when American Crafts ribbon became really popular and people were falling over themselves to buy it.  It came in a multi-spool pack and in my mind was way over-priced for the few feet that you got out of the deal.  Plus, I find that it is thick and rather unruly to use for anything other than a straight line like this or for the fold-over faux bow. 
The Fine Print: stamps by Stampin’ Up “Fang-Tastic “ set, bat by A Muse Studio “trio bat die,” circle punch by Marvy, label punch by EK Success, patterned paper by DCWV, ribbon by American Crafts, stamped in Momento ink and colored with Copic markers.

Remember the other day when I asked what on earth to do with a pre-printed card I had that had an awful striped background?  Yeah, this one:
 It turns out that Desert LuCia and my hubby both had the same great idea on what to do with that card.  Both ideas involved ignoring those stripes completely.  My hubby had the additional information of knowing that the BACK of the card looked like this:
 He said to just use that side instead.  So stay tuned to see what great things I can create with this card that has a ridiculously striped backside!

And if UPS is cooperative I just might have some A Muse Studio Christmas cards to show off soon!  Whoo hoo!