Friday, October 28, 2011

Halloween Tri-Shutter Card


I didn’t create any cards last night to show off today.  Last night I paged through many crafting magazines and admired other people’s work.  Now there are so many more things I want to do that I am going to have to clone myself to make it happen.  Also last night someone showed me their version of this fun multi-folded card, so I thought I would share my version.  We were both inspired by receiving a similar card from a mutual friend last year.

I’m sure this fold has an official name, but darned if I know what it is.  I can say that the base card is 5-1/2” by 12” and it folds flat to fit into an A2 envelope.  I already mailed it off to some lucky recipient, so I can’t show you what it looks like closed.  Maybe someday I’ll make another one to share.  Yeah, don’t hold your breath….

According to Splitcoast   this is called a Tri-Shutter Card. There is even a tutorial to show you how to make one of your very own.  I know a good paper cutter and scoring tool is the secret to this card.  Their tutorial says to make the slits with a ruler and an X-acto knife.  I, of course, recommend the slide rule style paper cutter.  There is less change of stitches that way.
The Fine Print: “Open if You Dare” by Amuse Artstamps, Bat string by Hero Arts, “Jeepers Creepers” from the dollar bin (which I think means it is a Hampton stamp), pumpkin stamps by Stampin Up, ghost stickers by Jolee’s, gravestone foam piece from Michael’s Arts & Crafts, moon photo sticker by unknown, polka dot paper by DCWV, orange grid paper by unknown.



No comments: