Friday, October 7, 2011

52 Weeks of Mail?!!?

UPS happily delivered my A Muse Studio order and was even kind enough to shove it up under the awning in the back yard out of the rain (drizzle really).  It was chuck full of stamping goodness—many ribbons, many papers, buttons, twine, flocking, jewels, and Christmas stamp sets!  In fact, so much so that it was over-whelming and I didn’t know where to start.

Okay, I know where I need to start.  I need to start by finding the top of my desk again.  Something mysterious happens in my house where the top of my desk and the surrounding floor can just vanish in a matter of hours; minutes sometimes even.  Do you ever encounter that or does that happen to just me?
ETSY is posting up a challenge to send one card a week to someone starting this Sunday, October 9, 2011.  The idea is to keep people in touch with a more personal twist.  Sending a card is so much more personal than giving them a “poke” on Facebook.  If you’d like to read about it, there is a Facebook page about it here 52 Weeks of Mail

I thought that some folks might be interested in taking part of that.  I don’t know that I would want to join an official challenge, but by gosh, I make enough cards that it seems I should be mailing them off to people to people I actually know (either face-to-face or on-line friends).  So it is definitely something worth thinking about.

And just so this won’t be a card-free post, here is a card I made last month with the August Club Stamp kit:
The Fine Print: Card made with Club Scrap “stuff” except for the brads, which come from some mysterious place.

1 comment:

judyjstamper said...

Wow Judy - sounds like you are all set to start your new business! and love the card you are showcasing today. very pretty.