Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Lovely As A Tree

What is more lovely than a tree?  Well, not a poem, if you ask me!

But, TWO TREES, that would be more lovely than A tree.  
 

This tree was made for a blue and brown card swap I was in.  I had grander visions for this card when I first began to make it.  I was going to do the tree in brown and blue too; having a brown trunk with blue leaves.  That meant trying to ink up the different parts of the tree in different colored inks.  That, my friend, was a disaster.  I tried the Momento tear drop ink pads, with their pointed ends since that makes it easier to ink small places, but it didn’t go well.  Then I tried to use markers, but my brown was dried up.  Then I tried to use ink for the trunk and branches and blue marker on the leaves but that didn’t come out well either.  Finally I decided on just making the whole tree brown, leaves and all.  What the heck, it is autumn after all!  My original attempts were all on white cardstock, but since this was for a blue and brown swap I decided to scrap the white and use light blue. I had to switch inks to keep the trunk dark on the blue paper.  I decided to add some light blue bling to the leafy areas to jazz it up a bit.  The brown ribbon with the faux bow topped it off.  I hope you like my masterpiece!

This next tree is cool beyond words, well, unless you are arachnophobic.  In which case, thanks for reading my blog entry today!  See you next time!

For those of you brave enough to stay check out this great Spider Tree Halloween card!  It has great fall colors, bling, and spook galore!  I didn’t make this work of art, but I was the proud recipient of it.  My friend made it for me.  I must be worthy, because the tree does not come with all those spiders in it.  They have to be added individually.  Kudos to her for getting them all lined up nicely!

The Fine Print:
Blue and Brown Card: papers by DCWV, stamp by A Muse Studio “Spooky Boo Day” set, ink by Tim Holtz “Walnut Stain”
Spider Tree Card by Sheela Will, stamps by Hero Arts “Frightful” (still available despite rumors that it is a retired set)

2 comments:

judyjstamper said...

this is a cute cute card! You were lucky to have received it and your friend did a great job.

Sheela Will said...

Most definitely, YES, you are worthy! It was my pleasure to make and send you this card. Thanks for posting it on your blog, and for all the kind words about it.